October 9, 2013

You, Me and The N.H.S. Makes Three!


Well it's happen… about two weeks ago I ran out of the vitamins I take daily to keep me from getting ill and I woke up yesterday feeling like crud. I told myself no big deal, thinking I was just run down but this morning I woke up feeling like death. I ditched my morning class (bad girl I know) and made my lost way to the closest walk-in GP Centre which is only a few blocks away. For those who don't know what a GP is, it's a general practitioner. He or she is the doctor you go see when you are worried you have the flu.

The whole thing took nearly three hours. Yes, I said 3! But you have to figure you're walking into one of the busiest clinics in all of New Cross that aids in seeing those from Lewisham as well. Even though I felt like hell there was a cute little asian baby keeping me entertained for I didn't think about bringing any kind of reading material with me. Oops! My doctor was fantastic. She took into account my health history which is pretty important for a person with nearly no immune system. I was happy to hear I didn't require antibiotics for my symptoms. For I had caught my illness in it's infant stages.  However I was still given some medications. Three prescriptions for a total of £14.00 and no cost to see the doctor I was set on my way to school.

I have to say thank goodness I'm here in the U.K. studying for this would not have been an option in the states. I'm already feeling a tiny bit better but tonight I'm following doctor's orders with eating ice cream, drinking warm tea and watching Nurse Jackie. Studying can wait til tomorrow. Tonight, it's all about me and my monkey beanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.