November 6, 2013

Pub Food . . . Yes or No?

I feel like I am in a constant episode of HIMYM sometimes as there are a number of great pubs within steps of my flat but I continue to go to my favorite, the Old Haberdasher. Recently, I found myself enjoying a pint with friends when the realization of hunger came over us. Upon my viewing of the usual “bar food” I found they have nachos. Looking at what was included (guacamole, salsa, sour cream and jalapeƱos) I thought to myself ‘how bad could this be? I mean they’re nachos.’ Ordering of the bar goodies was made and food was delivered to our table. Do you see where this is going yet? And no, it’s not in a good direction.

Everyone knows I am from San Diego and I will admit, I have been spoiled with GREAT Mexican cuisines including carne asada burritos, tamales, enchiladas, homemade salsas and most of all yummy guacamole and in the end all I can say is...


Dear Britain,
I understand you like to think some of your foods are edible but in the end putting ketchup in what you think is salsa is a cardinal sin. Please stop torturing ketchup in such a manner. There are no words to describe just how disgusting this truly is. Oh and your peanut butter is horrible as well.

Sincerely,
Breanne


Other foods that I highly recommend any visitor to Britain stay away from:
Onion rings -They don’t use real onions. (Do wha!?!?!?!? I know my mind was blown as well)
Peanut butter -Its more like oil butter with a hint of peanuts added in.
Coffee from Costa -Coffee is not meant to be burned. Where ever you got this idea, FORGET IT!
Any type of Mexican food dishes -You’re Britain, not Latin America. While we thank you for trying, please just give up and stick to your fish and chips, thanks.
Cheese -Just trust me… it’s not what you think.

Now I’m sure one day this will change, but for now I felt so bad for my friends that I decided to make homemade salsa and guacamole for them to enjoy. I mean no one should have to endure such horrors as ketchup in ’salsa’. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.